Deep red in colour with white pepper, crushed herbs and dark fruit on the nose with a full mouthfeel and savoury finish.
2015 was an excellent vintage. A very cold and wet winter was followed by a moderate and dry summer. This permitted advanced flavour development at low sugar levels. The harvest took place during the month of February.
For the Syrah on Shale, 40% of the the grapes were whole-bunch pressed, while the remaining 60% were destemmed before pressing. Fermentation took place using wild yeasts only. The wine spent four weeks on the skins in tank before all of the wine was pressed into barrel. The wine was aged for 18 months in French oak, 30% was put into new French oak and the remaining 70% in a variety of older barrels. All of the barrels are 228L in size. Only 3400 bottles of the 2015 were made.
Sustainable, Vegan, Vegetarian
Kemp Town Shop Open Friday & Saturday
KEMP TOWN SHOP IS OPEN FRIDAY 12-6pm & SATURDAY 12-6pm
WE'RE STILL DELIVERING NO-CONTACT RIGHT TO YOUR DOOR - READ MORE HERE > >
Local delivery Tue, Wed, Thur £2.99
Free Over £40
National delivery £9.99
Free Over £150